Turbine Training Center Blog for Cessna 208 Caravan & Beechcraft King Air pilots
Family and friends aside, have you ever wondered what the two most valuable things in your life are? If you are like most people, they are pretty apt to be time and money. And, if you are like most people, you go to great measures to try not to waste either one! That's why it is so important that if you are contemplating flight school that you know HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR CESSNA 208 TRAINING.
"There is no question," Dale Wescott, President of TURBINE TRAINING in Manhattan, Kansas shared, "that when you sign up for Cessna 208 or King Air 200 training you are making a major investment of both time and money. That's why that it is imperative that you do your utmost to get all out of that training that you possibly can."
With that thought in mind, there are several issues you might want to consider when it comes to HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR CESSNA 208 TRAINING. These include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Maintain a Consistent Lesson Schedule - There are some things you can do sporadically, attending your flight lessons is not one of them!
- Minimize Distractions - one of the advantages of many programs is the fact that they have "live in" accommodations, which allows you to concentrate on your training.
- Prepare for each Lesson in Advance - In regard to "ground lessons," you will want to review subject matter in advance.
- Show up for Your Lessons Well Rested - This is one major aspect of being both mentally and physically prepared for your lesson.
- Interact with the "Training Community" - Sharing time with instructors and other students in beneficial to both you and them.
- Keep Your Expectations Realistic - Some of the training may not come to you as easily as it does to others. Base your progress on your capabilities, not someone else's!
"For the most part," Jason Wolcott, TURBINE TRAINING'S vice president explained, "those individuals that come to us for training are truly intent on being successful. Knowing and reviewing the above points, however, would still be a worthwhile task for them."
(To learn more about this topic check out "Tips for Getting the Most out of Your Flight Lessons" and "Types of Pilot Schools."